Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Nick Diaz is Officially Retired (Unless the UFC Offers Him a Truckload of Moolah)




I’m no role model, I’m 35 years old, but I definitely wouldn’t advise anybody to take a fight for less than their worth or fight for free. Which is practically what I would be doing at this point in taking a fight with some of these guys that are not on my level. Nor would I be within my moral ethics to even do that aside from you not painting me as a role model. If there was an offer I couldn’t refuse, things would be different. Until they are - I’d like to continue to think I’ve been fighting to make the world a better place, but until I can continue to do that: “I don’t want to hurt nobody, I just want to party.” πŸ»πŸ™πŸΌπŸ₯‹ Cc: @ufc @nick_diaz_academy @natediaz209 @riokid @thefloridaboy @bellatormma @tmz_tv @mmajunkiedotcom @mariolopez @arielhelwani @foursigmatic
A post shared by nickdiaz209 (@nickdiaz209) on


Well, it's official.  Nick Diaz is retiring*.  Granted he hasn't fought in 4 years and hasn't won since 2011, but still it's worth noting because Nick Diaz is and forever will be an absolute legend.  Nate's a gem too, but Nick is will always be the OG, and that's something I think Nate would agree with.

For a long time, Nick was the epitome of a warrior.  He fought anyone, anywhere, any time.  It's easy to forget that after a few years out of the octagon, but when people reflect on his career that will undoubtedly be one of the things he will be remembered for.  He went toe to toe with GSP, he knocked out Robbie Lawler, he beat BJ Penn, and he got right up in every fucking grill he could find and talked his talk.  When it came time to back it up - win or lose - he always went out swinging.  He was 50% of the most entertaining MMA family in human history and he will be missed.  Enjoy retirement, Nickolas.  It will no doubt be incredibly relaxing seeing as how you're sure to be completely stoned off your ass the entire time.  I couldn't be more jealous.



*Until the UFC offers him a FUCKTON of cash to co-headline a card with Nate.  


STOCKTON MOTHERFUCKER





I will forever love the video of Nick Diaz on a conference call ripping a bong and then casually busting out the nunchucks.  Just the best.  It was only natural that he would retire with the same grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment